Personal information refers to all and any data and information that you may disclose or that is required by you to be disclosed as you use or may endeavour to use PeLocal.
PeLocal may collect information about you in a variety of ways. The information PeLocal may collect when you access it pertains to:
- Personal data which may include personally identifiable information, such as your name, shipping address or address provided by you to avail PeLocal services, email address, and telephone number and demographic information, such as your age, gender, hometown, and interests, that you voluntarily give PeLocal when you seek to avail or register with PeLocal or when you choose to participate in various activities related to PeLocal such as messages pertaining to PeLocal services. You are under no obligation to provide PeLocal with personal information of any kind, however your refusal to do so may hinder your optimum use of PeLocal, PeLocal services or prevent its use completely.
- Derivative data which includes information that PeLocal servers automatically collect when you access PeLocal, such as your IP address, your browser type, your operating system, your access times, and the pages you have viewed directly before and after accessing PeLocal. Depending on the device you use to access PeLocal this information may also include your device name and type, your operating system, your phone number, your location or country from which you access PeLocal, and other interactions with PeLocal the application and other users via server log files, as well as any other information you choose to provide.
- Mobile device data includes device information, such as your mobile device ID, model, and manufacturer, and information about the location of your device.
- Third-party data includes information from third parties, such as personal or financial information of a third party, if you connect your account to the third party and grant PeLocal permission to access this information.
- Data from your availing discounts and offers or Contests, Giveaways, and Surveys includes personal and other information you may provide when entering contests, availing discounts and offers or giveaways and/or responding to surveys.
- Your user information from social networking sites, such as, Facebook, Google+, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, LinkedIn including your name, your social network username, location, gender, birth date, email address, profile picture, and public data for contacts.
- If you access PeLocal via your mobile device, PeLocalmay access your geo-location information, access or permission to certain features on your mobile such Bluetooth, calendar, camera, contacts, microphone, reminders, sensors, SMS messages, social media accounts, storage. If you wish to change PeLocal’s access or permission, you may do so in your mobile device’s settings.
PeLocal uses the information it collects from you in its endeavour to provide you with a smooth, efficient, and customized experience. The information PeLocal collects via your use of PeLocal may be used for purposes such as compiling anonymous statistics, delivering targeted advertising content, creating and managing your account, including your purchases, orders, payments, and other transactions, increase PeLocal efficiency, etc.
PeLocal may require to share information it has collected about you in certain situations. Your information may be required as under.
- For the purpose of law enforcement or to protect the rights of others.
- To third-party Service Providers that perform services for PeLocal or on PeLocal’s behalf, including payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service and marketing assistance.
- For the purpose of Marketing Communications, however, this will be done only with your consent or with an opportunity for you to withdraw consent and shall be done as permitted by law.
- To Third-Party Advertisers for the purpose of serving ads when you visit PeLocal in order to provide advertisements about other goods and services of interest to you.
PeLocal is not responsible for the actions of third parties with whom you share personal or sensitive information, and PeLocal has no authority to manage or control third-party solicitations or actions.
Tracking technologies such as cookies, web beacons, tracking pixels, and other tracking technologies on PeLocal help customize PeLocal, its services and improve your experience. When you access PeLocal, your personal information is not collected through the use of tracking technology. Most browsers are set to accept cookies by default. You can remove or reject cookies, but be aware that such action could affect the availability and functionality of PeLocal
PeLocal uses administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your personal information. While PeLocal takes reasonable steps to secure the personal information you provide to it, please be aware that despite PeLocal’s efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse. Any information disclosed online is vulnerable to interception and misuse by unauthorized parties. Therefore, PeLocal cannot guarantee complete security if you provide personal information.